Ask England cricket followers to name their favourite cricket grounds in the world and Galle will no doubt figure high on the list.
It will come as no surprise then that Galle stages the opening Test of the series – with England fans once again anticipated in their thousands as they mix cricket with tropical beach life on the glorious Galle coast.
England have never quite had the good fortune of winning in any of their four appearances in Galle, and have often struggled against the turning ball. Back in 2001, the BBC Test Match Special team had to broadcast from the top of the Dutch Fort after being refused entry, which was quite a bizarre situation.
The Galle Fortifier is Red Dot’s special package for the Galle Test, around which we have also planned some special activities, to ensure you have a memorable week.
The package is as basic as possible and includes flights, ensuring your stay in Sri Lanka is ATOL protected. We also have several accommodation options available at each location, which could be substituted to suit any budget. Any match tickets we provide will be offered at cost.
If you do however prefer a tailor-made holiday planned around the match dates, we would be happy to put together an itinerary with your choice of hotels.
Prices starting from GBP 1,384 per person based on 2 sharing. Single occupancy starting price: GBP 2,160.
- Private arrival and departure transfers to and from the airport, in an air-conditioned vehicle with Wi-Fi, Red Dot welcome pack and bottled drinking water.
- Shared air-conditioned shuttle service on match days
- Help desk in Galle
- International return flights from the UK
- 6 nights at Amari Galle or similar on bed & breakfast basis
- A splendid Beach BBQ night in Galle
- Complimentary tour cap and umbrella
- Official match tickets are not included in the package price and will be added to your booking, at cost, upon release from the Sri Lanka Cricket Board, subject to availability and terms and conditions.
As Sri Lanka specialists, we have unparalleled knowledge and access to ensure your trip will be unforgettable. We are already working with our partners in Galle to put together several special events, including a quick and delicious ‘Cricketers Lunch’ at a gorgeous boutique hotel only a short walk from the stadium. Watch this space for updates.
Important Information: Terms and Conditions apply. Red Dot reserves the right to make alterations to any aspect of the itinerary, including accommodation stated. Equivalent alternatives will be provided if this is the case.
Make An Enquiry