Credit-card fraud is on the increase. No country, company or individual is immune to the trend.
That makes it even more important that all your holiday transactions are treated with utmost privacy and security.
Red Dot has established anti-fraud practices throughout the company to protect the interests of all our clients to the best of our ability.
The aim is to protect the privacy of your personal details – including your credit/debit card details, other personal details and details of your holiday arrangements.
Red Dot staff are instructed to follow these procedures rigorously:
- All credit/debit card payments have the protection of the secure system of Paysafe Group Limited.
- Red Dot never requests that you email your credit/debit card details. Our staff will phone you and quote your UKRD reference as proof of identity. Details will be shredded immediately after use.
- Every Red Dot computer is password protected for personal use and uses firewalls, automatically-updated anti-virus protection and Adware protection.
- All hard discs, floppy discs and portable storage devices are erased before they are discarded.
- Passwords for Red Dot’s admin system are restricted to users only and changed regularly.
- Red Dot, in both the Uk and Sri Lanka office, shreds after use all printouts of personal information that might be used to build up your personal profile.
- Any printouts of your details, such as flight information, are kept securely.
- Red Dot posts information arrives in unmarked envelopes to reduce the chance of postal fraud.
- Red Dot’s Sri Lanka office has 24-hour security.
- Company staff are checked, well known to each other and operate in a caring and responsible environment.
- Red Dot never passes your personal information to third parties.
- Red Dot never spams – our email circulars are restricted to an occasional emailed newsletter and requests to be removed from this list will immediately be respected.
- As a UK/Sri Lanka company, Red Dot’s directors undergo financial and personal checks to EU standards.
Please ensure that any holiday supplier you use understands and follows similar procedures. Some do, many do not.
Chip-and-pin has still not been introduced in many parts of the world. We therefore recommend that for all your holiday transactions that you take care with all credit/debit-card transactions and, if you are at all unsure, pay in cash
Please keep your holiday memorable for the right reasons.
David Hopps & Charlie Austin, directors Red Dot Tours Ltd