Travel is a beautiful and enriching experience, and we strive to plan and conduct the journey of a lifetime when you work on your trip to Sri Lanka, and beyond, with us. Designing a completely bespoke trip requires an intimate knowledge of our clients and in order for us to be able to plan your trip with you, we will need to ask you for a little personal information. We completely understand how important it is to keep your personal information safe and we are committed to be open with you with regards to the personal information you entrust us with.
The personal information which we (including our affiliated companies, subsidiaries, parent company and brands) may collect and process (via, including but not limited to, our website, telephone calls, Skype and email) and process, includes but is not limited to, your (and your other members of your party’s or your client’s) name, contact information (including your email address, telephone number and postal address) and country of residence. If you choose to travel with us, the personal information required by us may be a little more detailed so that we can plan your trip taking into account any specific requirements, including but not limited to, passport details, payment details, dietary requirements, travel preferences, anniversaries as well as information regarding minors (which may require parental or guardian consent).
We collect your information for the following main reasons:
- To provide you with the best possible experience when using our website, or dealing with us via other methods, depending on what you are looking for, where you are and which device you are using
- To be able to contact you effectively should you contact us or request information
- To ensure we plan and execute the most appropriate trip for you
How we collect and use your personal information
We collect your personal information either by asking you for it, when you submit it to us (via, including but not limited to, our website, telephone calls, Skype and email),or, with your permission, collect it by tracking how you use our website.
We will only share your personal information in order to execute your trip or provide you with services. In this case we may be required to share your personal information with members of our corporate family (including but not limited to our parent company, subsidiaries and affiliated companies and brands) as well as third party suppliers, including but not limited to hotels, experience hosts, experience providers, transport providers, chauffeurs, guides and drivers, as well as governmental agencies as required. We do not share your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Securing your personal information
We protect all the information entrusted with us in a secure manner, using technical, administrative and physical security measures, as appropriate. We only keep your personal information for 7 years (we may have to keep personal information for a longer period in exceptional circumstances),as required for us to provide services to you and comply with legal and audit requirements in line with our legitimate business interests. If you’d like to stop receiving our email marketing and communications, you can click “unsubscribe” in one of our communications or contact us at any time.
You can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We, at Red Dot Tours are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. We believe that honesty and transparency in how we collection information and its use will allow you to make an informed decision regarding your continued use of our website and services.
You can use our Website without divulging any personally identifiable information including your email address. Our Website does not collect personally identifiable information about individuals except when such individuals specifically provide such personal information on a voluntary basis, such as when requesting a brochure, making an enquiry, signing up for our newsletter, creating an account with us, making a payment, booking a service, purchasing a service, making a reservation or contacting us for more information. We use such information collected to provide the information or services you request, to improve and customize the content you see, to ensure the best possible experience when using our website or dealing with us, to contact you effectively should you contact us, request information or about special promotions and new products if requested and to ensure we plan and execute an appropriate trip for you.
The personal information we collect includes, but isn’t limited to, the following:
- Identifying information, including but not limited to, your (and that of individuals in your party or your client’s) name, addresses, telephone numbers, nationality (country) or email addresses when you register for an account with us or reserve or purchase a service with or from us or make an enquiry with us or plan a trip with us
- Transaction related information when you purchase services from us
- Other content that you generate, or that is connected to your account or your booking
- Financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) in connection with a transaction
- In some instances, when you use our services, you may provide additional personal information, including but not limited to, age, gender, interests, favorites, passport details, dietary requirements, health conditions, travel preferences, special events / anniversaries as well as information regarding minors (which may require parental or guardian consent)
- You may also provide us other information through a web form, by updating or adding information to your account or enquiry, through your participation in discussions, chats, dispute resolution, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding our services or your trip
If you do not consent, you must either disable Cookies or refrain from using this website. However please note that if you do this you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website. You can choose to accept or decline cookies from your devise. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify the browser settings on your device to decline cookies as follows:
The personal information we collect includes, but isn’t limited to, the following:
Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
Cookie settings in Firefox
Cookie settings in Chrome
Cookie settings in Safari
Cookie settings in Safari for iOS (iPhone / iPad).
For other browsers, check with your provider to find out how to disable cookies
Google Analytic Advertising Features
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics advertising service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). This is to enable us to obtain information on user preferences and customer profiling to be used for product development and marketing activities of http://www.reddottours.com/ and its affiliated companies.
Google advertising cookies and identifiers are used in the following manner.
- Google’s Analytic Advertising Features used on the website are ‘Remarketing with Analytics’, ‘Demographics and Interests Reporting’ and ‘Segments’, all of which are products provided by Google under contract.
- These products, as in other cookies, operate by storing and accessing cookies on the devices of the user to collect data.
- These do not collect any personal information nor any information capable of identifying a user. Google reports derived from these products, are always aggregated data and never the data of a particular user.
You may prevent the collection of the information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google if you download and install the browser plug-in available at the following: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
The reason for and scope of the data acquisition and information about the way in which the data is processed and used by Facebook, as well as the user’s rights in this respect and settings options for protecting the users privacy can be found under: https://www.facebook.com/policy.php.Facebook does not permit access to user accounts or share personal information with us at any time.
If you are a member of Facebook and do not wish Facebook to collect personal data via this homepage and to link this with your data stored on Facebook, please log off from Facebook before visiting this website. You may also block Facebook’s plugins using add-ons for the user’s browser, for example the "Facebook Blocker".
We may disclose your personal information to other members of our corporate family including parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates, and to third parties as may be required for us to provide and to provide you access to, our services, to improve your experience with us, to comply with our legal obligations, to plan and execute your trip and to facilitate our marketing activities. We minimize the amount of personal information we disclose to what is directly relevant and necessary to accomplish the specified purpose and we do not share your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes. We will disclose only information necessary for service providers including those persons undertaking to perform / provide services relating to the trip, tour and travel arrangements such as:
- Hotels and other accommodation providers
- Carriers (air, water and land transport) and other transport providers
- Ground handling agents
- Experience hosts and Experience & Activity Providers
- Chauffeurs, Guides and Drivers
- Governmental Agencies
- Historical Sites, National Parks, Places of Interest, Recreational Facilities
- Other similar services providers
We may disclose your personal information to third party financial services providers who facilitate payment processing services on or linked to this Website in order to provide you with online payment options. We will release your personal information to law enforcement or governmental agencies or under order of court in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability. This includes customs department, Ministries of Defence, immigration and emigration department, airport and aviation authorities, naval and coast guard authorities, amongst others.
Security of Information
We are committed to safeguard and protecting personal information and will implement and maintain appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to protect any personal information provided to us from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to personal information transmitted, stored or otherwise processed. Some of the protections we use are firewalls, antiviruses, access controls, in addition to other precautions outlined in our Anti-Fraud policy. Please note that transmission of information by electronic means (i.e. internet/web-based transmission),as well as physical means, is not completely secure though we will adopt reasonable measures for the security of all communications and the content thereof. Hence all transmission is and must necessarily be at the risk of the user.
Data Deletion, Amendment and Other Information
If you require further information, have concerns or questions, or wish to amend or delete your data stored with us, or in the event you believe your Personal Information has been abused, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section below. If you’d like to stop receiving our email marketing and communications, you can click “unsubscribe” in one of our communications or contact us at any time.
Company Name: The Fabulous Getaway (Pvt) Ltd.
Company Registration Number: PV11807
Address: 140A Vauxhall Street, Colombo 2, Sri Lanka
Updated on 24th May 2018