Sri Lanka Tea & Beach is a popular snack which takes in the stirring peaks of the hill country, the golden South Coast beaches and Galle Fort. You can pack a lot of fun into five nights and see several sides of the teardrop isle. Note that we can tailor this itinerary according to your preferences, so feel free to ask for modifications.
The heat of the tropical beaches and cool of the highlands offer you two climates in one on this popular short tour
- Experience the stirring peaks of the hill country
- Sunbathe on Sri Lanka's palm-fringed Galle Coast
- Enjoy the art and craft shops in the historic Galle Fort
- Accommodation in a shared double / twin room
- Chauffeur-guide and vehicle for the duration of the tour (including leisure days)
- Both airport transfers
- Expert advice and support prior to and during the tour
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Price shown is a starting price and is subject to change, depending on travel dates / the number of people travelling etc.
- Price shown is based on two people sharing a double / twin room
- See our Booking Conditions for more details
Day 1 Colombo
Upon arriving in Sri Lanka, transfer to a convenient hotel close to the international airport. Relax and unwind after your flight, preparing yourself for the adventure ahead.
Day 2&3 Koslanda, Hill Country
Travel on into Sri Lanka’s tea-growing highlands. You might like to enjoy the “Tea Experience”, which involves a visit to a plantation to observe the process, starting from the plucking field where it all begins with the picking of “two leaves and a bud” to the factory where the processing begins. Temperatures in Sri Lanka's hill country are akin to an early English summer's day and you can go trekking, cycling, canoeing or just soak up the magnificent scenery.
Day 4&5 Thalpe, Galle Coast
Cut through the hills to the highly sought-after Galle Coast which has become Sri Lanka's most trend-setting coastal region due to the proximity of the ancient 16C Galle Fort. When you can pull yourself away from the beach, wander round the old fort's enticing collection of little boutiques, art and craft shops.
Galle Face Hotel
Galle Face Hotel, originally constructed in the 19th century, incorporates traditional Victorian features with stylish contemporary design. It is an attractive alternative to Colombo’s modern business hotels: the stately wooden panelling and staunchly Victorian rooms are resonant of a bygone age.
Thalpe, Galle Coast
Apa Villa is a delightful boutique hotel which overlooks a coral beach in Thalpe, a few miles south of Galle. It was named after Hans Hoefer, the founder of the Apa Guides – later to become the Insight Guides – and his photographer’s eye has ensured that this is a villa of beauty and elegance.